Like NE2's http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/682273592?

In spite of the problems with mass-edits based on XAPI queries, it is still
essential for some parts of my workflow.

I used my local jxapi instance extensively fixing NHD tagging in California.
See http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-us/2011-March/005438.html
for details.

I have also used it for mapping highways in large areas, adding highway
relations and occasionally for normal mapping when I didn't want to hit API
limits.

If jxapi ever stops serving data usable for editing then I will not pull the
latest code updates for my local copy.