On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 10:33:40AM +0100, Hermann Peifer wrote:
> On 21/11/2011 08:13, Jochen Topf wrote:
> >On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 03:34:27PM -0700, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> >>I also ran into trouble with files of around 40MB or larger. I still
> >>get the same errors though, either using array or sparsetable for node
> >>storage.
> >>I'm on Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit with 16GB RAM.
> >
> >Can you post the script you are using? Maybe we can find out if its doing
> >something that triggers a bug.
> >

> Just to confirm that osmjs works again for me after applying your
> fix from yesterday:
>
>     commit 10ec36fbf104c5e1ae8ae1e0c5199cf072acb143
>     Author: Jochen Topf <joc...@topf.org>
>     Date:   Sun Nov 20 15:06:09 2011 +0100
>             fix memory leak in Javascript glue code
>

> I just can't confirm your comment from an earlier commit (22 Oct):
> "This change does not lead to much extra overhead..." [1]. Some more

I had carefully benchmarked several things on the C++ side to make sure the
changes didn't slow things down too much. But unfortunately I didn't check the
Javascript side. I didn't expect it to be so bad. I'll have to dig into that
to see what can be done.

Actually it will probably get even slower at some point. Thats because I am
taking some shortcuts (in the old and in the new code) which will lead to
crashes if you use the OSM object outside the handler function...

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  joc...@remote.org  http://www.remote.org/jochen/  +49-721-388298