Am 16.12.2011 14:17, schrieb Jaime Crespo:
El 16/12/2011 11:15, "Frederik Ramm" <frede...@remote.org
<mailto:frede...@remote.org>> escribió:

 > Ander,
 >

 > On 12/16/11 10:09, Ander Pijoan wrote:
 > Such information is almost certainly not suitable for OSM.
 > Under no circumstances should you import data for all of Spain while
sitting at your desk - if at all, then you can help local users to
import cadastre data where there's interest and where there *are* local
users to begin with.

Even if I agree that I like user contributed content above cold imports,
when I learnt about the availability of this dataset, I knew it could be
very useful. We are talking here about official administrative staff
(similar to boundaries) which cannot be surveyed: landuses and building
shapes. Buildings could be traced from ortophotography, but with the
relation stuf it is both boring and very imprecise (compared to
1-metre-acurate always-updatable import). Sincerely, I prefer people
working in surveying amenities, mountain tracks, names, routing, etc.
This import have nothing of this.
I understand, that this import is a good chance for you, to get informations, that are hard to trace exactly. Here in Rostock (city in Germany), we got a similar import, maybe you can benefit on our experiences:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Catalogue/Houses_Rostock
In short it was a great way to get a lot of details on the map (which makes working with data more difficult by the way ;)). The positions had to be altered for legal reasons, so the buildings weren't exatcly rectified. Later by adding housenumbers, it was a great help, that the import included all sperated parts of a house, so you could double check if your number records were exact. We did a manual import, so everybody picked up a piece of cake and imported the data to the DB, while he made sure, that there were no heavy overlappings. So basicaly we added the geometry, the hight and the building use, to get a good help for mappers.

Now more than two years later (and with Bing available) I'm not that sure if it was wise:
-no real exact positions (but good enough)
-no good splitted parts/heigts for 3D rendering
-some outdated informations, hard to find
-some to generelized informationos/categories that can be modelled better with OSM
-mostly to detailed buildings (balconies,...)
-hard to motivate people to add further attributes to the buildings (roof, colours ...)

+good for est. housenumbers
+great help for remembering amenities and stuff by non mappers (osmbugs.org)
+super detailed informations (power transformators,...)

So my suggestion is, to do a import only together with a crew on the ground, to make sure, that they accept this 'mechanical' adding of informations and to make sure that they don't override the hard manual of all of you. And of course to work on this data if the import was done...

I, as one of the "local users", am the one that is fearing any problem
and checking progresses. But I want also thank Ander for his work,
because he is doing all the hard work that nobody had time to do for
this import (and even answering all suggestions).
Definitly! We all aren't talking to him, to stop any action, but to help you to make a wise decission so OSM comes better and better in your area :)

bye
Matthias
(user:!i!)

Anyway, I am the first person that could see problems for future
contributors. But my beliefs are that they should be addressed within
the editors' scope: things like better handling of layers and relations
for buildings and landuses. 90% of the corrections I point to new users
have to do with multipoligons.

--
Jaime Crespo