> From: Sven Geggus [mailto:li...@fuchsschwanzdomain.de]
> Subject: [OSM-dev] processed_p.tar.bz2 inverted?
>
> Hello,
>
> this is probably more of a GIS Question than an OSM one.
>
> For a nice combination of hillshade and water I would like to invert the
> processed_p.shp file from
> http://tile.openstreetmap.org/processed_p.tar.bz2
>
> This should prevent rendering of hillshaded water on the edges as water
> can be rendered above hillshades this way.
>
> Unfortunately this does not seem to be as easy as it sounds.
>
> I tried to import it into postgis and using ST_Difference but it looks
> like processed_p.shp is somewhat broken.
>
> Any other hint ob how this could be done?
>
> Sven

processed_p is closed shapes on a 100 mercator km x 100 mercator km grid, not
one continuous area. There is also some overlap to prevent antialiasing issues.

You might be able to generate an inverted one by inverting the coastline_*.shp
files before passing them to the rest of the coastcheck process to generate
processed_p.