Hi All,
I am working on a service to allow people to create PDF maps of specific
areas, with user selectable style features (things like a grid, contours,
hillshading, GPX track overlay etc.).
To try to get the best output I am using mapnik's cairo renderer.   At the
moment I am using the standard OSM style, but adding my extra layers before
rendering.

It is just about working, but I have noticed that something funny happens
with the rendering of cliffs - see sample output at:
http://maps3.org.uk/printmaps/queueApi/getJobInfo.php?jobNo=33&infoType=3.

The cliffs are appearing as areas rather than lines.
They render ok on the main OSM tiles (http://osm.org/go/evnTyCa), but I get
the same issue if I use the 'export' function from the OSM site (
http://maps3.org.uk/misc/map.pdf).

Therefore I suspect it is something to do with using the cairo backend for
mapnik rather than the standard one (agg?), but I am not sure if it is
something to do with the OSM style file.

Has anyone else come across this and found a solution?

Thanks

Graham.

--
Graham Jones