Hi,

In the process of trying to speed up diff imports with osm2pgsql, I'm searching
for a "typical" output of osm2pgsql importing one minute.

I know of :
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osm2pgsql/benchmarks
But beside the one I just wrote, there are no output of what is "expected"
for a one minute (or few minutes) diff import.

Could someone operating and maintaining a planet osm2pgsql database be so kind
as to provide me one (or more in order to have average metrics) ?

On a side note, while loging long queries I ran into a weird long one about
retrieving pending ways during diff import.

It turned out that the index on the "pending" field wasn't used at all and led
to a full scan of the planet_osm_ways table, increasing noticeably the diff
import.
I don't feel I have imported data in a weird way and don't know if others are
affected by that, but you can check if you are affected by runing :
"select id from planet_osm_way where pending" which should run in less than a
second if index is well used.

To solve the problem post import, we did re-index and ran analyse
reindex index planet_osm_ways_idx;
analyse;
--
sly (sylvain letuffe)