We're speaking of about three pages of XML and that is not that big thing.
Of course I could do it but who - if not the developers - would know
better than they themselves?
I think that it would be a sign of maturity of the OSM project if an
XML schema would exist!
Just my 2 cents.

-Stefan

>>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/API_v0.6/XSD and