Hi,

I'm having some problems with generating XML from a postgis database from PHP
on the Freemap server:

http://www.free-map.org.uk/0.6/ws//bsvr.php?bbox=440000.0,110000.0,445000.0,115000.0&poi=place,amenity,natural&annotation=1&inProj=27700&outProj=epsg:4326

It's basically falling over on the French acute 'e' accent on one of the points
of interest. This is the first time I've had this problem.
I specify the encoding as 'iso-8859-1' in the <?xml?> prolog which I thought
was the way to deal with this, but no luck. I'm guessing therefore it's an
issue with the way that PHP and/or Postgres are set
up.

 On the client side I get an XML parsing error with either Firefox or the XML
parser in Android.

In the database Cafe (acute e) is encoded as "Caf<C3><E9>". It's postgis 1.5.1,
postgres 8.4 and PHP 5.3.3. I'm guessing several other people have had this
issue... is anyone able to offer any pointers?

Thanks,
Nick