Le mercredi 07 novembre 2012 22:20:31, Ákos Maróy a écrit :
> it hasn't on purpose. the relations I use are not used to stitch
> together polygons. they are relations in the traditional sense: they
> collect various data about the same thing

You mean categories ? ;-)

> , in this case, an airport. the
> related data is a range of lines (runways), points (navigation aids) and
> other stuff, like the 'airport reference point', etc.

Well, then, osm2pgsql might not be your best option. You might end having
other problems than just "get the relation in _rels
(like connecting the relation to it's members SQL in queries)

> see above, the geometries are imported fine,

Yes, but not the one "linked" to the relation, but to it's ways members (check
the osm_id)

> I do have the points and
> the lines imported that are related to these airports. what I don't
> have, but would want to have, is the relation itself in PostGIS

I ran a test and I can confirm as well that without "type" tag, the relation
isn't imported into _rels
However, whatever the value is like type=toto is enough so that the relation
makes it's way to the _rels table, but not to the _polygon table.

--
sly (sylvain letuffe)