Hello everyone

Hope you all are doing well. I am Ashutosh Chaudhary and I am freelance web
developer and python programmer. I want to participate into Gsoc 2013 threw
OSM. I am new to this software, so I am taking a deep look into it. But
Since my idea might be good to develop on OSM, So I am asking If any mentor
wants to have a look and guide me.

The idea is to develop an app which will run on cross-operating
system(windows and linux). I am also keen in developing and android app for
it. But the idea is limited to desktop app for now. I am good in python and
web-frameworks, so I am making app using these languages-

1. Python
2. PHP
3. Js

The app will run on user laptop/device(raspberry pi for instance) in his
vehicle which will be listening to a port to get regular GPS data and will
make a JSON object containing various key information about the running
system like-
1. User identity information(his login credentials for this on servers)
2. Vehicle current cordinates(Latitudes and Longitudes)
3. Vehicle stats(License number etc.)
4. Other basic info(if required)

This JSON data will be sent to cloud via TCP protocol/HTTP GET/POST
method(currently developing under POST method). A parallel operation
running behind will fetch the previous data of this user and his mates to
make a realtime map over second webpage rendering all the information
available for this route. This will be localised via python webkit.

The idea is to develop a socially interactive tool for simultaneous
interactivity of many users who know mutually each other, and plot a visual
data out of it. This will be a next gen location mapping tool if some
implementations could be done

Thanking you

--
Ashutosh Chaudhary