On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 6:54 AM, Ra Node <ran...@outlook.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to OSM. We have built an OSM server through packages by following
> the directions at
> http://switch2osm.org/serving-tiles/building-a-tile-server-from-packages/.
> We have successfully built the server with data for our city. Now we need to
> add more data for the entire state / country. What is the best way to do
> this? Would appreciate any pointers. Please help.

I presume that you used a city-extract, and that you have your plans
for keeping up to date or not.

Have you considered,
* Reload the same database but with a regional or larger extract?
* Load a second database with a larger regional extract?

The steps will be the same, but the waiting periods will be longer.
Have a look at the benchmarks page on the wiki[1] to see how long a
full planet import takes on various hardware.

[1] http://wiki.osm.org/wiki/Osm2pgsql/benchmarks