On 04/12/14 11:17, Andreas Labres wrote:
On 03.12.14 17:14, Andy Allan wrote:
Thanks for the analysis, I hope it provides developers with ideas for
combatting it via the automated spam filters that we already have[1].

I'd suggest to extend/refine the automated filter somewhat. Say:

* a "novice" ist not allowed to post at all
* a "novice" who did some changesets is allowed to post say once per day
* an "intermediate" is allowed to post say once per hour
* for an "expert" (either subscribed for years or lots of changesets) the
posting limit is waived

So in other words, most of things we already factor in to our spam scoring... We're just not quite as rigid.

In particular you can still post (within reason) without having made any edits - it is actually surprisingly common for non-spammers to do that.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/