On Sat, Apr 04, 2015 at 01:02:38AM +0000, Humphries, Grant wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a script set up that loads OSM data into a postgres db via Osmosis
> (into the snapshot schema) each night.  The database that it being loaded has
> a lot of other data in various schemas and the osm data is loaded into its
> own schema.  However it seems that as a part of the loading process Osmosis
> vacuums the entire database and because the db is so large this is taking
> about 25 minutes, while the loading of the data itself takes less than 5
> minutes.
>
> (At least this is what I believe is happening, when I run osmosis under
> verbose this is the line it hangs up on for ~25 mins:
> Apr 3, 2015 5:13:02 PM
> org.openstreetmap.osmosis.pgsnapshot.v0_6.impl.CopyFilesetLoader run
> FINE: Vacuuming database.)
>
> Does anyone have advice as to how I could address this issue?

I would enable statement + time logging in postgres to
see which statement results in the delay.

Then modify osmosis to not call that statement. In the
end its open source and if it breaks you may keep both halves.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                 f...@zz.de
     We need to self-defense - GnuPG/PGP enable your email today!