sent from a phone

> Am 14.03.2016 um 23:57 schrieb Andy Townsend <ajt1...@gmail.com>:
>
> Now that you've "fixed" the data there there's no longer something that's
> "obviously invalid" that people can see and say "I wonder what that is
> supposed to be" before going out and surveying it.

this is a very valid consideration. I also quite often encounter people
"fixing" situations they don't know by introducing then hard to spot errors
because the tags are formally correct but don't fit the situation. Heretical
question: Maybe we should exclude tagging all together from the QA tools?
Basically this kind of tampering  makes the "cloud-fueled" development of new
tags almost impossible, because mappers retag stuff to other tags that are
already established even if they don't fit well.

This kind of cleaning worker also are typically very convinced of their work,
so discussions with them tend to take a lot of time and energy, often without
satisfying outcome (=auto reflection).

I feel we should put even more emphasis on people having been to a place, maybe
asking mappers to refrain completely from contributing to places where they
haven't been.

cheers,
Martin