On 04/06/16 09:19, Stadin, Benjamin wrote:

But there seem to be some places where the Nominatim URL is hardcoded
instead of using NOMINATIM_URL.

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything I wrote?

I mean I said nothing about integrating your instance of the rails port with your instance of nominatim, mostly because I had no idea whether or not it was configurable!

For example:
https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/blob/master/lib/nomi
natim.rb

Sure it's a bug - fixes welcome.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/blob/master/test/htt
p/nominatim.yml
(That’s a test case, but still why shouldn’t it use a configured URL to
test the actual instance)

Well a test shouldn't be touching a live server at all. and indeed it doesn't because that file is actual controlling the mock server that is used in testing - it lists the URLs and the responses that will be faked when those URLs are hit.

So the test environment will always need to use NOMINATIM_URL pointing at the real server as that is the URL that the mocks respond to.

Also all locale yamls (though that is less important I’d say):
https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/blob/7b96de31f7842ca
f13da40dc71ff2d33146ad60b/config/locales/sk.yml

Again, bugs, though probably a bit harder to fix.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/