On 8/19/2016 4:30 AM, Rory McCann wrote:
Although I'm using this often, I'm always open to suggestions about
braindead things I might be doing. ☺ Suggestions welcome!

It's good to see commands for a concurrent reindex scripted.

For rendering tables I'd recommend pausing updates, creating a new ordered table, building indexes on the new table, then putting the new table in place. The reclustering adds performance beyond what a reindex does. http://paulnorman.ca/blog/2016/06/improving-speed-with-reclustering/ has example SQL.

For slim tables, I'd probably just pause updates and REINDEX.

http://reorg.github.io/pg_repack/ would be interesting on the slim tables but can't operate on the rendering tables.