Hello guys,

your feedback was very helpful a few days ago, so I am eager to know your ideas
about this task we have:

We want to show OSM content to our users. The quality and quantity of OSM is
awesome, however for our use case some background information is very useful.
That’s why we want to show information from wikipedia where possible. A small
abstract basically. TagInfo states around 1 Million wikipedia/wikidata tags
which is a great start.

We want to push even a bit further and find wiki articles that had not been
assigned to an OSM item by tag yet. For that we want to query geo-referenced
wikipedia articles in the proximity and find articles that have a similar name.
We figured out three approaches to get wiki articles nearby an osm item:
 - querying wiki api [1]
 - using nominatim’s wiki dump [2]
 - using dump from georeference project of wikipedia [3]

We are currently evaluating these option, we would be glad if you made some
experience you could share with us. Or even better, are there even some
precompiled matchings between OSM objects and wikipedia articles?

Or even better better, have there been some efforts to connect OSM objects to
some knowledge graph which gives access to even a wider range of contents, such
as flickr images or yelp ratings?

Thanks you for your time!
Christoph

[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:GeoData