I'm generating sets of tactile maps for a blind friend, as follows:

  OSM export files -(Ruby)-> PostScript -(lpr)-> swell paper

I'm using straight lines for the roads, using the PostScript moveto
and lineto operators.  However, I'd like to use the curveto operator:

  x1 y1 x2 y2 x3 y3 curveto -

  This operator draws a curve from the current point to the point (x3, y3)
  using points (x1, y1) and (x2, y2) as control points. The curve is a
  Bézier cubic curve. In such a curve, the tangent of the curve at the
  current point will be a line segment running from the current point to
  (x1, y1) and the tangent at (x3, y3) is the line running from (x3, y3)
  to (x2, y2).

  -- http://www.tailrecursive.org/postscript/operators.html

I'm not sure what the best starting point would be for this.  I found this
Perl code, but it seems a bit dated:

  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmarender/BezierCurves

Clues, comments, and suggestions?

-r

 --
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm           Rich Morin           r...@cfcl.com
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume    San Bruno, CA, USA   +1 650-873-7841

Software system design, development, and documentation