Hi Jason,

On 18.02.2018 22:10, Jason Remillard wrote:
> I have added a GSOC project idea to add a developer key system to our
> tile services and Nominatim.

we discussed your project idea within EWG (the working group responsible
for handling OSM's GSoC participation this year).

First, thanks for adding your ideas to the wiki and your willingness to
be a mentor, as new project ideas are still very much welcome at this stage!

However, we decided that this task in particular might not make for a
good GSoC project. It's important to us that students' work is merged
and used in the real world after the end of the summer. Therefore, we
don't want to end up with a situation where a student's work is rejected
due to issues unrelated to the quality of their contributions. We're
worried that this might be the case here due to the controversy
surrounding the idea.

Hope you understand where we're coming from, and sorry for the bad news!

Tobias
(on behalf of EWG)