On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 2:33 PM Christoph Hormann <o...@imagico.de> wrote:

> I assume if this is actually the case will depend on the specifics of
> the OSMF ToU.  I would also assume that (b) most likely would not
> require you to use OAuth with every request, you probably could just
> use OAuth when people register with you for an API key.

I don't mean to speak for Roland, but Overpass doesn't require any sort of
OAuth or API key access restriction. Adding such a thing (as the proposed
changes seem to require for Overpass to continue) is a significant change
(including storing data about users that is not currently required) and
Roland might not want to undertake such a project.