On 14/02/2019 14:42, Wolfgang Fahl wrote:

Indeed I intend to create my own website with a database that
"synchronizes" with other sites. So the bulk operations will be limited
to initially filling the
database and synchronize changes that might arise e.g. from checking
records against user databases. For the edit operations i intend to link
directly to the
source of the data so if someone needs to modify info on a charging
station he can do so directly e.g. in openchargemap or openstreetmap.

Right, but you shouldn't do the initial population using
the API but rather you should start from a planet dump and
then use the replication feed for changes.

When it comes to feeding back a change the API is of course
the right thing to use - note that we prefer edits to be made
under the account of the person making the change rather then
batching them altogether under one account.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/