On 2019-01-06 1:21 p.m., Paul Norman wrote:
Many people have asked about downloading low-zoom tiles of OpenStreetMap Carto. I’ve completed my project to script automatic downloading, importing, and pre-rendering of an OpenStreetMap Carto database to make it available for others, and have put the results on one of my servers at http://legolas.paulnorman.ca/prerender/

I've moved them to https://pnorman.dev.openstreetmap.org/lz-prerender/.

I want to add some more files to the tarballs documenting how they're generated, their contents, how to use them, and other material useful if archiving them for a large number of years. I doubt I'll do this soon.