Hi,

Am 30.05.19 um 00:09 schrieb j:
> I note that initial testing of this code used an extract of Europe:
> https://github.com/openstreetmap/osm2pgsql/pull/747
>
> I did not note it earlier, but I am working with the planet. I doubt
> these issues would present themselves on a modestly sized machine
> working with Europe only.

The tests were done with Europe only which is roughly 2/3 of the whole
planet. The main difference to your test is that my test applied the
diff of a single day from download.geofabrik.de. Diffs from
download.geofabrik.de are a pure diff of the old and the new file.

I will have a deeper look into this but my test machine is currently
busy doing other work.

Best regards

Michael

--
Michael Reichert      www.geofabrik.de
Geofabrik GmbH        Handelsregister: HRB Mannheim 703657