Hi all,

I have almost complete the explanation of the schema regarding the element
(node, way and relation) I have just one last element to be understood.

The “tile” in the node table. I found in the code a function called
“public.tile_for_point” [1] and seems that should be the one that do this
process. But I’m not able to understood which is the output of the function, in
particular what this part of code does:

x := (x | (x << 8)) & 16711935; — 0x00FF00FF

Thanks for all the reply.

Best,
Lorenzo

[1]
https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/blob/751e8ad32c864f50eae9e9359d74a11dc44de007/db/structure.sql#L160

Il giorno 10 gen 2020, alle ore 15:51, Lorenzo Stucchi