> On Dec 16, 2015, at 2:15 PM, Amitabha Biswas <azbis...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Jarno,
>
> As part of OVN integration in Openstack, I’ve been trying to setup OpenFlow
> NAT rules and run the system-test-suite 33: system-traffic.at
> <http://system-traffic.at/>:1396 conntrack - simple SNAT. Using the latest
> (as of 12/15/2015) ovs master branch on Ubuntu Linux 4.3 kernels (from
> kernel.ubuntu.com <http://kernel.ubuntu.com/>) fail with the following errors:
>
> > 2015-12-16T03:05:13.945Z|00037|connmgr|INFO|br0<->unix: sending
> > OFPBAC_BAD_TYPE error reply to OFPT_FLOW_MOD message
> > 2015-12-16T03:05:13.945Z|00038|vconn|DBG|unix: sent (Success): OFPT_ERROR
> > (OF1.4) (xid=0x2): OFPBAC_BAD_TYPE
>
> related to the flow
> in_port=1,ip,action=ct(commit,zone=1,nat(src=10.1.1.240-10.1.1.255)),2
>
> Am I missing some conntrack kernel patches to get the OpenFlow NAT rules
> installed? If yes, how would one get those patches and which kernel images
> would contain them.

New OVS Linux datapath features are developed on top of the upstream net-next
git repo. I have just addressed feedback on v4 and rebased to the now current
net-next.

OVS tree kernel module will be updated with NAT support (and backports as far
as feasible) only after the code has been merged in net-next.

If you want to test OVS NAT integration now you need to clone the net-next
repo, apply the patches, compile a new kernel from there, and then run the OVS
on top of the new kernel.

To make this a bit easier I have created a bundle for these patches in
patchwork:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/bundle/jarno/OVS_NAT_v5/
<http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/bundle/jarno/OVS_NAT_v5/>

You should be able to download the bundle and then apply it with “git am” to
your local net-next repo.

Regards,

  Jarno