On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 03:55:10PM +0800, Daniel Benli Ye wrote:
> From: Benli Ye <dani...@vmware.com>
>
> This patch enables port level IPFIX. Before this patch, OVS supported
> per bridge IPFIX and per flow IPFX, and exporting packet tunnel headers
> is only supported by bridge IPFIX. This patch adds port level IPFIX
> for easy configuration and port level IPFIX also supports exporting
> packet tunnel headers, just the same with bridge level IPFIX.
> Three main things are done in this patch.
>   1) Add a column ipfix in Port table to ref IPFIX table
>   2) Each interface in the port should use the port IPFiX configuration
>   3) A hash map is used to manage the port which is configured IPFIX
>
> CLI to configure Port IPFIX:
>   1) Configure
>      ovs-vsctl -- set Port port0 ipfix=@i -- --id=@i create IPFIX \
>          targets=\"10.24.122.72:4739\" sampling=1 obs_domain_id=123 \
>          obs_point_id=456 cache_active_timeout=1 cache_max_flows=128 \
>          other_config:enable-tunnel-sampling=true
>   2) Clear
>      ovs-vsctl clear Port port0 ipfix

Thanks for working on IPFIX!  We don't have enough IPFIX expertise
around here, so new contributors are always welcome.

The patch lacks a Signed-off-by.  We will need it before it can be
applied.  CONTRIBUTING.md explains the format and the meaning, which is
to agree to the Developer's Certificate of Origin, which is also in
CONTRIBUTING.md; please read it.

Due to the lack of signoff, I did not do a detailed review, but I have
some general comments.  First, this patch follows the coding style
remarkably well, especially for a first patch--well done, thank you!

Second, this is the third form of configuration to be introduced for
IPFIX.  I worry that we'll end up with a fourth, and a fifth, ...  Why
does IPFIX need so many kinds of configuration; that is, why can't the
details of what packets it selects, etc., be controlled from flows in
the flow table, rather than by configuration in the database?  If that
were the case, then we would not need to so many forms of configuration:
the controller could control it through the flows over which it already
has so much control.

Thanks,

Ben.