Checked a bit the options we have and i'm quite unhappy with all of them so
after having checked I would be to keep a very light abstraction like we
have (LogFacade from memory) and switch back on JUL by default in all our
integrations (core+available config, bundle, maven, ...). Log4j2 would
still be usable adding it in the classpath but it wouldn't be delivered
anymore by default.

Romain Manni-Bucau