Hi Tyson,

awesome, we had the same train of thought :). I looked into Gatling as well,
mainly because it's in Scala so it'd be easy for us to read and build new
scenarios. Gatling also has a Jenkins plugin (we use Jenkins) which makes it
very easy to integrate test results.

I also liked how you define a scenario in Gatling and it seemed to fit
OpenWhisk quite well, especially when looking at more sophisticated use-cases
with different load-patterns.

My initial experiments are here:
https://github.com/markusthoemmes/gatling-example. I also have a branch
somewhere which builds a docker container around the test. That's mainly why I
used env variables for configuration.

Yes I think we should have those in the openwhisk-performance repo. Eventually
Gatling/Locust (have to look at that) tests might even subsume the existing
very basic ones.

Cheers
Markus