Great progress Michele +1

I agree with the order of your steps.

Step #1
Let's nock step 1 first.
I will summarize it as having first class support for Go at the same level
of JavaScript, Python, Java, Swift, PHP
Meaning from end user support from CLI, docs, runtime image.
wsk action create goaction goaction.go
wsk action create goaction goexec --kind go:1.10
wsk action create goaction goaction.zip --kind go:1.10
extend the runtime image with anything you want to add to the image
>From example:
FROM openwhisk/action-go-v1.10
apt-get install -y imagemagick
docker build . -t csantanapr/action-go-v1.10
wsk action create goaction goaction.go --docker csantanapr/action-go-v1.10
I guess will have a FDK (Functions Developer Kit) :-), making it super easy
to import it and just write a simple go main method/function the FDK
handles the json input, output, etc..

I can help by requesting a new runtime repo
"apache/incubator-openwhisk-runtime-go"
I can setup a boilerplate repo content with some structure for gradle,
build, travis, scala tests
Then you can submit PR to the repo with go specifics.
I guess since your go guru you can handle the few changes to the wsk cli
Do you have a repo with some code already I can take a look?

Step #2
For swift, I can help since I'm working on swift4, it looks like we can
have a new proxy instead of using the python one.
We do some pre-compilation/magic today with buildandrecord.py [1] to
compile as much as possible up front and creating a shell script that has
the exact lines for compiling and linking.
Do you have some code on swift consuming from pipe instead of ReadLine I
can take a look?

Step #3
After doing go and swift, we can see what are the common parts we can
extract to be common in the docker runtime repo.
And work on backwards compatible single image, and handle the new pipe with
some annotation, or maybe a new image, we can discuss more deeply once we
get there.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-runtime-swift/blob/master/core/swift41Action/buildandrecord.py