Forwarding to Incubator mailing list to see if they any guidance.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Ying Chun Guo <guoyi...@cn.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 10:27 PM
Subject: Two issues with license and notice auditing
To: <dev@openwhisk.apache.org>

Hi, team

When we are using Apache Creadur to audit licensing and notice files, we
met with two problems. I'm looking for any people who have experiences on
that.

1. Apache Rat cannot acknowledge the "minified" ASF, i.e. the short format
of Apache license header, which we plan to use in the small test files.
2. Apache Tentacles cannot support tar.gz files in the staging repo.

We have solutions to bypass these two questions. For the first issue, we
can put those files with mini headers in the Rat exclusion list. For the
second issue, we can use bash script to check LICENSE and NOTICE or we can
use zip format instead, other than tar.gz. But I would like to check if
there are any other suggestions to these issues. Thanks.

Best regards
Ying Chun Guo (Daisy)