Thank you Malith for introducing Ballerina to OpenWhisk.

We have received in the past contributions to add PHP (thanks @akrabat
<https://github.com/akrabat>), Go
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-runtime-go> (thanks
@sciabarracom <https://github.com/sciabarracom>) Ruby (#3725
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/pull/3725> thanks @remore
<https://github.com/remore>) so far but have not documented the steps
required to add a new runtime so that it is available to the OpenWhisk
deployment. I've taken this opportunity to create a first draft after
working through to reduce the touch-points needed to integrate the runtime
with OpenWhisk in recent weeks.

Comments  are appreciated and welcome particularly from those who have
contributed runtimes in the past.
https://github.com/rabbah/openwhisk/blob/2672826f1b8e75549c3f15b3fa35b673ee23becd/docs/actions-new.md

I think there are some more things we can do to reduce the steps needed as
noted in the markdown. I'd like to make sure I covered the big steps first.

-r