I vote:
+1 Release as Apache OpenWhisk 0.9.0-incubating

Checklist for reference:
[ X ] Download links are valid.
[ X ] Checksums and PGP signatures are valid.
[ X ] Source code artifacts have correct names matching the current
release.
[ X ] LICENSE and NOTICE files are correct for each OpenWhisk repo.
[ X ] All files have license headers if necessary.  (assuming I ran
scancode correctly...see below).
[ X ] No compiled archives bundled in source archive.

In regard to Dave's comments:

> (2) I think it would be better to include the exact commands for running
> scancode to verify that all files have license headers instead of
> referencing the scancode tutorial.  For example, I am not 100% positive if
> by following the tutorial (see shell transcript below) really checked the
> right rules or if I needed to invoke scancode with a specific configuration
> file.

The release repo. actually informs on how compliance checks are automated and
references the configuration files used:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release/blob/master/docs/license_compliance.md#scancode