Okie so we can then aim for adding an optional support for storing
activations via a separate service.

Currently we also send the activation result on respective controller
topic. With this change we would also be sending same activation
record on another topic. So we have another choice to make

Option B1 - Activations via controller topic

Here we avoid a new topic and instead have a service which listen to
all controller topics for activation records. However that would be
tricky to implement and also tricky to scale out. As scaling out such
a service by running multiple copies would not be easy in terms of
sharding/partitioning

Here the benefit is that we reduce the duplicate writes on Kafka.

Option B2 - Introduce a new topic altogether

We introduce a new topic to which all invokers write the activation
records (like the case for user-events). Then implementing a new
service to read from a single (possibly partitioned topic) would be
easier.

My suggestion is to go for B2 for now.

Any feedback on that?

Chetan Mehrotra