Thanks a lot everyone!

For those who don't know me yet, let me use the opportunity to introduce myself:

I work for Adobe as Principal Scientist on the Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
Assets product, which is a Digital Asset Management solution for larger
enterprises [1].

The last few years we have been working on making the tough transition from
offering the software on-premise to a cloud native service [2], which we
finally launched this January after lots of hard work.

As part of that effort, we started to explore the idea of a "microservice" for
one key part in 2017. The Adobe IO Runtime folks had just started to work on
OpenWhisk at Adobe and we thought going serverless would be cool and truly
cloud native. Since we built that service from scratch, we had freedom in
making such a decision. It was a fun challenge to design this as a serverless
solution, as we are running lots of blackbox containers with long running
actions, which many people doubted would be possible with serverless. However,
it turned out great and now we are in production and very happy! If you are
curious, I presented that work at a conference [3].

I am a big fan of OpenWhisk and its simple design (from a developer
perspective). While working day in day out with OpenWhisk, I was longing for a
debugging solution and started to write "wskdebug". In not so small parts
because it was a fun thing to build - see more at [4]! And this is how I ended
up here :-)

[1]
https://www.adobe.com/marketing/experience-manager-assets/digital-asset-management.html
[2] https://www.adobe.com/marketing/experience-manager/cloud-service.html