Github user omalley commented on the issue:
Ok, the latest push has a few changes:
* bloom_filter_utf8 streams use a new encoding with bytes instead of
long. This is much more efficient for performance and storage size.
* all column types now have bloom_filter_utf8 streams (largely to get the
* the default is to just write the new bloom_filter_utf8 streams that old
readers will ignore. There is an option to write both bloom_filter and
bloom_filter_utf8 streams to support old readers.
* there is an option for new readers to ignore the old bloom filters.
* files generated after hive-12055 will correctly use the utf8 encoding
even for the bloom_filter stream.
If your project is set up for it, you can reply to this email and have your
reply appear on GitHub as well. If your project does not have this feature
enabled and wishes so, or if the feature is enabled but not working, please
contact infrastructure at infrastruct...@apache.org or file a JIRA ticket