Every quarter we have to report to the Apache Board about how the project
is going. Suggestions welcome.
A high-performance columnar file format for Hadoop workloads.
- There are no issues requiring the board's attention.
- We've made the 1.2.0 release and a bug fix release.
- We've updated the http://orc.apache.org/ home page to better support the
Apache branding guidelines.
- We've implemented benchmarks between Avro, JSON, ORC, and Parquet.
- We've given presentations about the benchmarks at Hadoop Summit San Jose
and Melbourne, and Strata New York.
## Health report:
- We continue efforts to increase the size and diversity of the
contributor base by encouraging people to contribute to the project.
## PMC changes:
- Currently 6 PMC members.
- No new PMC members added in the last 3 months
- Last PMC addition was Aliaksei Sandryhaila on Wed Nov 18 2015
## Committer base changes:
- Currently 12 committers.
- No new changes to the committer base since last report.
- No new committers added in the last 3 months
- Last committer addition was more than 2 years ago
- 1.2.0 was released on Wed Aug 24 2016
- 1.2.1 was released on Tue Oct 04 2016
## Mailing list activity:
- The mailing list is relatively stable with fewer issues, but a little
more dev and user traffic.
- 33 subscribers (up 4 in the last 3 months):
- 149 emails sent to list (186 in previous quarter)
- 15 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months):
- 136 emails sent to list (186 in previous quarter)
- 32 subscribers (up 3 in the last 3 months):
- 18 emails sent to list (4 in previous quarter)
## JIRA activity:
- 23 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 17 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months