Hi Fang,

ORC_UNIQUE_PTR was intended to support platforms which does not support
c++11. You can also find that std::unique_ptr is translated into
std::auto_ptr as well. Current and future versions of ORC will not support
those obsolete platforms; therefore I think it is ok to use std::unique_ptr
everywhere.

Best,
Gang