Ryan,

It's possible there are some changes that would cause that code not to
compile for Hive 2, but I have done some work with porting similar
processors to Hive 2 and as I recall it was mostly API-type breaking
changes and not so much from the behavior side of things, more of a
Maven and Java-package-name kind of thing.

Regards,
Matt