Hi,

I'm trying to setup a dev env for OTRS on Windows and I'm new to Perl.
After some poking around for a few days trying to understand Perl
distributions and development, I'm still pretty much where I started.

If a guide for setting up a specific dev env is available, can someone
please provide me with its URL?

If such a guide is not available, please help with the following direct
questions:

   1. Is OTRS dev normally done via an IDE, and if so what is the preferred
   one? I tried to find an ide-project like grouping in the OTRS sources and
   couldn't spot one.
   2. Is it possible to load all the source files in an editor capable of
   finding method / object definitions? (I don't mean full text search but
   something like Intellisense)
   3. Is interactive debugging possible for OTRS? By this I mean setting
   breakpoints and exploring values for variables when a breakpoint is hit.
   4. Is there such a thing as syntax check, source compilation or unit
   testing so that I can be as sure as possible that changes I've made do not
   immediately crash when they are executed?

I'm familiar with the dev workflow from Visual Studio (C#) and Eclipse
(Java) and hoping to achieve something similar with OTRS, if possible. If
someone can answer and is also familiar with those IDEs, please use them
for comparison.

Thanks,
Bogdan

What I've already done:

- Got the sources from a zip package (
http://ftp.otrs.org/pub/otrs/otrs-3.1.9.zip) because a direct CVS link
doesn't work from my organization (port 2401 is blocked).

- Looked over the dev manual (
http://ftp.otrs.org/pub/otrs/doc/doc-admin/3.1/en/pdf/otrs_admin_book.pdf)
Google. Couldn't find any references to an IDE.

- Found info about debugging a running OTRS env by enabling a debug mode
where I would get a lot of info logged to files.