Hi,

I'm new to OTRS development.

Requirements in a nutshell:
* set custom fields for SLA's
* calculate whether a ticket escalates based on these custom fields (do
some custom calculations)
* send notifications to agents based on these escalations
* there are also other requirements but most can be solved without
development

Idea on how to approach this:
* xml file in /opt/otrs/Kernel/Config/Files which uses SLAPreferences

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<otrs_config version="1.0" init="Framework">
    <ConfigItem Name="SLAPreferences###010-TTI" Required="0" Valid="1">
        <Description Translatable="1">Time To Intervention.</Description>
        <Group>Ticket</Group>
        <SubGroup>Frontend::SLA::Preferences</SubGroup>
        <Setting>
            <Hash>
                <Item
Key="Module">Kernel::Output::HTML::SLAPreferencesGeneric</Item>
                <Item Key="Label">label for dynamic field</Item>
                <Item Key="Desc">description.</Item>
                <Item Key="Block">Input</Item>
                <Item Key="PrefKey">dynamicfield</Item>
            </Hash>
        </Setting>
    </ConfigItem>
</otrs_config>

* write a custom module with a job that should be run by Generic Agent to
do the rest. Maybe split it in two modules.

Questions:
* Is my approach the most straightforward and suitable one ?
* How do I calculate using the calendars ? For example hours outside
business hours don't count for one specific calendar. While there is also a
24/7 calendar.

Thank you very much in advance,

With kind kind regards,
Roald