Hi Suneel,

I thought your objective would be to write some python code to
interact with OTRS. If you write python code, the transport (SOAP vs
REST) would not matter, right? As long as you can create / update
tickets?

At the moment there are no API's for Customer Data exposed via the
Generic Interface SOAP and REST. If you'd need access to that via web
services you'd need to implement the GenericInterface operations in
OTRS yourself first.

An alternative might be to leverage the 'old' rpc-interface.  You can
find a sample for using it here:
https://wiki.rz.fh-schmalkalden.de/otrs-soap-python (in German, but
code is code and Google Translate)
If you'd use that you can leverage the full OTRS API, low level but it works:
http://otrs.github.io/doc/api/otrs/stable/Perl/index.html

--
Michiel