> On 3 Aug 2020, at 11:30, Otto van der Schaaf <osch...@we-amp.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have posted the nearly due board report draft over at
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/August2020
>
> Please take a look; feedback is highly appreciated
>
> Otto

Feedback:

It's quite terse throughout.  Which is probably fine, except where the jargon
goes over my head ("... stand-alone sidecar service"?)

The interesting part is all in one dense paragraph:

"The first incubator release has been announced after field-testing.
Furthermore, small enhancements are being contributed from people outside of
the initial committer group. Major changes have landed on master: the build
system has been refreshed to leverage bazel, c++17, absl & Envoy. As a
side-effect, most of the remaining issues from the WIP-DISCLAIMER have been
addressed."

External contributors are good: are they potential internal contributors?  That
is to say,
consider whether anyone should be committers: build the community.  Though of
course
discussion of individuals takes place in private@ until&unless they are invited
and accept.

If WIP-Disclaimer can be dropped in the near future, that's something to raise
here:
summarise what the issues were and how they've been addressed.  It's also a box
to tick on the way to graduation.

The later parts of the report appear to be TBD.

--
Nick Kew