I would have preferred waiting for the parquet-format release (which
unfortunately failed the vote due to lack of interest) before making an RC
for parquet-mr so that it would refer to the latest format. On the other
hand, all relevant updates of parquet-format are in the documentation only,
so it's not a reason for redoing the RC in itself.

+1 (non-binding)

   - Reviewed commits that were added during the release process without a
   proper review.
   - Validated checksums and signature.
   - Compared the source tarball to the git repo's state at the release
   label.

Zoltan