Having a small verification script that downloads the archive, verifies the
signatures and runs the tests locally is also something that greatly helps in
the process. We have that with Arrow and it really works smoothly (Arrow is
much harder to build, so it is a necessity  there). I had this mail stashed a
bit because "oh, I have to look up what I have to for the verification. I'll do
it tomorrow." Having such a script or just pinging me would have helped me that
I voted for the release. Sorry for not responding earlier.

Uwe