Hi Uwe,

Thank you for the quick reply! That was very helpful.

I have another question regarding your low-level api example here
https://github.com/apache/parquet-cpp/blob/master/examples/low-level-api/reader-writer.cc.
in the "int32_field", the logical type is TIME_MILLIS and we put dummy data
0-499 (in int32_t) into this field. When I read the output parquet file by
using the executable "parquet_reader"  (in /parquet-cpp/build/latest folder),
the value is still shown in int32_t primitive-data format (0 - 499) instead of
in TIME_MILLIS logical-data format.  Should it be this way? does the executable
only read parquet file in primitive data type?

Is there any ways to read the data in logical format? because I want to check
if my final output is correct.

Thanks!
-Ivy