Hey Gang,

It is also used in some of the code:

   - org.apache.parquet.hadoop.thrift.AbstractThriftWriteSupport
   - org.apache.parquet.thrift.AbstractThriftWriteSupport
   - org.apache.parquet.thrift.ThriftSchemaConverter
   - org.apache.parquet.thrift.TupleToThriftWriteSupport

Yesterday I tried to factor it out, but I ended up removing most of the
codebase. I'm not aware of any alternative to Elephantbird. I tried to ping
the original author
<https://github.com/apache/parquet-mr/pull/1068#issuecomment-1729434254>,
but the GitHub account seems to be abandoned.

Kind regards,
Fokko