Hi Andreas,

maybe I should have been clearer in my question. What I' trying to do is
reading the XFA part of a form,

where the XFA is part of an array

COSString{xdp:xdp}
COSObject{61, 0}
COSString{config}
COSObject{4, 0}
COSString{template}
COSObject{5, 0}
COSString{datasets}
COSObject{62, 0}
COSString{localeSet}
COSObject{7, 0}
COSString{xmpmeta}
COSObject{8, 0}
COSString{xfdf}
COSObject{9, 0}
COSString{form}
COSObject{63, 0}
COSString{</xdp:xdp>}
COSObject{64, 0}

Now the array acts as as key value pair where the odd entry is the key (e.g.
xdp:xdp) and the even part is the content of this subsection of the XFA. In my
sample the content of <datasets> is contained in <62,0>. Now this is a stream
with the following dictionary
COSDictionary{(COSName{Filter}:COSArray{[COSName{FlateDecode}]})
(COSName{Length}:COSInt{477}) (COSName{Type}:COSName{EmbeddedFile}) }

And this is what I'm trying to read.

The other possible implementation for an XFA form is that the content is not
splitted into individual parts contained in an array but the whole XFA is
contained in a single stream.

Plan is to provide a patch to extract the XFA and in another stage to replace
the XFA with new content so people using pdfbox can extract data from XFA forms
and prepopulate XFA forms using pdfbox.

Maruan Sahyoun