Hi,

> Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de> hat am 9. April 2014 um 15:10
> geschrieben:
>

> Hi,
>
> did we make a decision about xmpbox or jempbox are the one to use for XMP
> metadata moving forward? There is a discussion in PDFBOX-1187 about cutting
> the dependency to jempbox and preflight uses xmpbox.

Thanks for bringing this up again.

How about the following scenario:

We could alter PDMetadata as follows:

- remove the import/exportXMPMetadata methods
- provide new methods get/setMetadatastream to provide an Input/Outputstream to
be used with your favourite XMPMetadata implementation

Pros:

- this would remove a in many cases not needed dependency in pdfbox
- users can choose what library to use for handling XMP-Metadata, even any
thirdparty lib could be used

Cons:

- we still have to maintain 2 XMP-libs

WDYT?