Hi,

thanks for your input.

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

Am 28.06.2014 12:15, schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler:
Hi,

find attached a quick draft of the board report we're expected to submit this
month.

@John, @Tilman
Please add something about the GSoC status.

Any further comments, objections or additions?

<draft>

The Apache PDFBox library is an open source Java tool for working with PDF
documents.

General Comments
----------------

There are no issues that require Board attention.

Community
---------

There is a steady stream of contributions and bug reports from the community.

451 (452 last report) subscribers on the user@ list
153 (157 last report) subscribers on the dev@ list

Maruan gave a presentation about PDFBox at the PDF Days Europe 2014 in cologne.
We got some positive feedback and a couple of people show some interest in our
project/community.

Releases
--------

Version 1.8.5 was released on 2nd of May 2014
Version 1.8.6 was released on 22nd of June 2014

Both are incremental bugfix releases based on PDFBox 1.8.x.

GSoC
----

TODO John & Tilman

Development:
------------

The work on our next major release is an ongoing effort. The main topics are:

- switch to java 1.6
- modularization
- replace/enhance the parser
- code cleanup
- enhance rendering

We are targeting the late summer as a rough release date for the next major
release.

</draft>

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler