Yes, now we have the same performance as the old may-version, it will be ok.

However, better parsing/render-performance would always be fine.

thanks and regarts, Manfred

Am 15.07.2015 um 15:43 schrieb Timo Boehme:
The latest ScratchFile* versions attached to PDFBOX-2882 fix the described exception and improve on ScratchFileBuffer.clear() command.

Regarding speed test of file provided by Manfred Pock: on my machine rendering is nearly the same for only scratch file usage vs. using ScratchFile with allowed main-memory usage vs. not using scratch file:
- first run approx. 1.5 sec, further runs (same VM) 0.15 sec

So we might see the font or other initialization in the beginning, having the pure file parsing/rendering time in the consecutive runs.
@Manfred: are these values what you would expect?

Best,
Timo